Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love Ranch LA premiere

Lately, I have been busy at work confirming press and photographers for the ‘Love Ranch’ press day and L.A. premiere, which happened yesterday and last night. I also booked cars for all of the talent. My job was to make sure everything was going to run smoothly. ‘Love Ranch’ was written by Marc Jacobson and directed by Taylor Hackford. The film stars Helen Mirren, Joe Pesci, Taryn Manning, Sergio Peris-Mancheta, Gina Gershon, Bai Ling, Scout Taylor-Compton and Elise Neal. The movie was inspired by a true story about the first legal brothel in Nevada. Mirren plays the madam in the film set in the 1970s and Pesci plays her husband/business partner. I watched the movie a few days ago and I loved it! The acting was great, it was the best movie I have seen in a while and the soundtrack is great as well.

Yesterday, Helen Mirren, Taylor Hackford, Sergio Peris-Mancheta,Taryn Manning, Elise Neal, Scout Taylor-Compton and Bai Ling came to the press day to speak about the film. It was surreal to see some of the actors in person. I sat in on two roundtable interviews in the afternoon. The first was a roundtable with Taryn Manning and Bai Ling. They talked about how they prepared for their roles and both actresses agreed they “leave their bodies” when they are acting and become different people. The second roundtable was with Helen Mirren and Sergio Peris-Mancheta. Helen talked about the fact that when actors kiss each other or have intimate scenes it is not a big deal. She does not understand why people cannot wrap their heads around that. She was so charming. Sergio looked just as sexy in person as he did in the movie.

After the press day, I drove to the Arclight in Hollywood where the premiere was taking place. I helped set up the red carpet and then waited for the cars with the talent to arrive. Once actors started to arrive, they walked the red carpet. The whole red carpet ordeal happened quickly. Some other people who were not in the movie but showed up were Benjamin Bratt, Kristin Stewart ( yes, Bella) and Doris Roberts (Marie, from Everybody Loves Raymond). After the red carpet, my job was done. It was a very cool experience and I was able to manage my “star struck” face. Oh and, Bai Ling and I are BFFs now. : )

Go see Love Ranch in theaters June 30!

Next up, I am working a red carpet tomorrow at the L.A. Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment